Tips on how to use your new immersion blender
Immersion blender is a very useful piece of equipment to have in your kitchen. If you have recently bought one, you will see how many ways you can make use of it to make your everyday tasks simpler and faster. Before you know it, it will be involved in most of your kitchen chores and you will not be able to imagine a life without it. For in depth details about immersion blenders, check out Immersion Hand Blender Buyer’s Guide (2017) for more information. Follow these tips to get the most out of your immersion blender and to use it safely and effectively:
- When you immerse the blender in a liquid, make sure that the motor part of the blender does not come in contact with the liquid. It should be at least an inch above the level of the liquid.
- Use a high sided container to blend your ingredients. This ways you can prevent the surroundings from any unnecessary food splashes. Splashes can also be avoided by turning the blender on after its blades are completely inside the liquid and turning it off before you start removing the blender.
- Avoid using it with non-stick cookware because your blender can damage the non-stick coating. Use a durable metal container for your blending tasks to avoid any damage.
- Most immersion blenders are not as strong as countertop blenders. If you perform heavy tasks with them like crushing ice, it may damage the motor. Read the specifications and the instruction manual to understand which tasks your blender can and cannot perform.
- For most effective performance keep the immersion blender tilted and moving inside the liquid. It does not produce the desired results when held stationary at one position.
- For hard foods, cut them into smaller pieces for faster and easier blending. Also, very large pieces of hard food may harm the motor if it is not strong enough. If a chopping or grinding attachment is available with your blender, you can use that before blending to chop large pieces into smaller ones.
- Although immersion blender is well suited for blending hot liquids, do not leave it in hot food that is being cooked unnecessarily for too long. Once you have used the blender, remove is immediately.
- Make sure there are no hard food items like bones in the liquid that is to be blended. Bones can damage the blades as well as the motor.
- When you are using your hand blender for whisking, choose a container that has a capacity large enough to hold the increased volumes of food. The reason is, while whisking, the volume of food like egg-whites and whipped cream increases.
- Make sure you read instruction manual carefully before operating your blender for the first time.
Follow these tips along with the instructions given in the instruction manual of your hand blender to use your appliance safely and effectively. With good care, a good quality hand blender will serve you effectively for years before you have to think about buying a new one.
If you are looking for the best blenders, visit best blender on the market & reviews 2017 for more information.